I bought the Apple Watch in May this year from the United States as it hadn’t released in India then. And I have noticed that in the past few days the interest of people in smart watches has started to grow, mostly because of the release of the Moto 360 2nd Generation (What!! You haven’t heard about it?).
First of all I start off with 4 reasons to buy a smart watch
- All your messages and phone calls will be picked up from your smart watch, no need to pull out your bulky smartphone or even carry it in your hands.
- They have great bluetooth range and you can use it even if you are at your neighbours house or away from your workstations.
- Excellent feature for finding your phone by a ping which will make your smartphone beep.(So the thief can be caught easily)
- Make your boss jealous- Print from your smart watch from your boss’s room, he will gape at you in awe. (Be trendy and style icon in your office)
- Great for girls as they don’t have to search their ‘mysterious bag’ for their phone.
- Fitness Tracker- Following the release of Fitbit, everybody has started wearing a fitness tracker and actually everybody loves it, well… it just goes to a whole new level as the smart watches are fully packed with motion sensors, heart sensors and almost everything you have in a fitness tracker.
- It makes you stand out from the crowd.
- They are getting cheaper- If you want a fitness tracker you will get it for about Rs.13,000 while smart watch prices start from Rs.16,000.
Note: I shall only be talking about the 42mm Apple Watch and the 42mm Moto 360 2nd generation
Customization: You get various types of straps in the Apple Watch
Like this special edition from Hermes
While you can totally customize the Moto 360 2nd Gen
The Apple has three different types of models-
It isn’t a replacement of mobile, you still need a mobile to operate it. And the Apple Watch doesn’t support Android devices whereas, the Moto 360 supports both Android and Apple devices.