I want to show you the headlines of some international newspapers on the 15th of December this year.
Above is The Washington Post and below is The Guardian
The world talked about Delhi CM calling the Prime Minister a “psychopath”. I think that Kejriwal was actually lucky that he was in India, had he been in Iran he would have gotten 74 lashes.
It’s not only Iran that gives such harsh punishments for insulting the ruler. There are many more countries which give following sentences like:
- Kuwait- Permanent Exile
- Venezuela and Poland- Upto 3 years in prison
- Turkey- 4 years in prison
- Netherlands and Indonesia- 5 years in prison
- Bahrain- 7 years in prison
- Thailand- A man recently faced 37 years in prison for insulting the King’s dog.
- Azerbaijan- 2 years of “corrective labour”
- Lebanon- Upto Rs. 50 lakh fine
In India ‘Democracy without Discipline’ is becoming the norm of the day. Ever since Modi government has come into power there is a splurge in people’s indiscipline (against Modi). Anyone can say anything and Anyone can do anything without any respect or dread. Kejriwal using such foul language for the PM of India has held our country in shame and sadly he can get away with it in the name of “democracy”. I strongly believe that democracy should also be disciplined. What about you? Do share your views.