- Can’t keep your favourite Baby Name in Denmark- If you want to have a original and creative name for your baby, Denmark is not the right place for you.You have to choose from the list of 24,000 names approved by the government. In fact, the Danish government banned creative names altogether, and if you have your mind set on a name outside the list, you have to make a special request and ask for permission.
- Ketchup banned in France- France though that French teenagers were using excessive amounts of ketchup which made French cuisine lose its originality so ketchup got banned in school cafeterias but students are allowed to take a little ketchup when they eat French Fries.
- Cannot wear Yellow Clothing in Malaysia- And it’s not just T-shirts, but everything yellow, from belts to hats, wristbands, even shoelaces. In 2011, the Malaysian government banned the color yellow in clothing because it was the color of a group of opposition activists. The decision was particularly strange given the fact that yellow is a royal colour in Malaysia, and very popular because Malaysians tend to look good in it.
- Game Consoles in China- The Chinese government thought kids and youngsters were wasting too much time playing video games, so they decided to ban game consoles, hoping this would encourage them to study or work harder. The law involved restrictions in manufacturing and marketing game consoles. Nevertheless, non-console video games are still permitted, which makes the law pretty ineffective.
- Cant see Avatar in China- China did not like the idea so much about the theme of the movie. So they thought of a solution: to ban the movie in 2D. Since China has almost no 3D theaters, it was very simple to prevent the people from watching the movie.
- Time Travel in China- Even though time travel doesn’t exist it is still banned in China.The Chinese government feels that TV shows, movies, and books that focus on time travel tend to show an wrong image of history, making up myths and false events.
Recently I got the chance of interacting with Dr. Michael Meyer at the Nehru Planetarium in New Delhi. He is the head scientist of the Mars Exploration Program and an astro-biologist (who studies biology related to space) and he told us many facts about Mars which you cannot find on Google.
First of all I would like to answer the question which is Why is Water so much connected with Mars?
So basically, water is what started life on Earth. The first organisms on Earth (bacteria) originated in water and thats why if there is water in liquid form on Mars life can be made possible on Mars.
So what did Dr.Michael tell me?
Broadly he told me that:
- Water was there on Mars and then proved it through various evidences.
- How did Mars’s atmosphere vanish?
- About the various mission going to Mars in future and many which have went before and told us about the results they gave us.
How do we know Water was present on Mars?
Curiosity gave us information that water once existed on Mars. Sulphur, clay and carbonates were found on Mars. All three of these substances cannot exist without the presence of water so this definitely proves that water was once up there.
This picture gives us quite a nice explanation as to why there is water only in solid (ice) form on Mars. (Highest temperature on Mars is about 20°C). So this picture tells us that water can only exist in liquid form from 0 to 10 degree celsius but if we apply perchlorate-brine to it water can exist in liquid (drinking) form from -70 to 24 degree celsius, which is quite feasible on Mars.
How did Mars’s atmosphere vanish?
The atmosphere of Mars is less than 1% of Earth’s, so it does not protect the planet from the Sun’s radiation nor does it do much to retain heat at the surface. It consists of 95% carbon dioxide, 3% nitrogen, 1.6% argon, and the remainder is trace amounts of oxygen, water vapour, and other gases
Mars’s atmosphere was held together by the magnetic force in Mars. But due do solar storms the power of the magnetic force decreased which led to the disintegration of Mars’s atmosphere.
NASA is expected to send another rover with many more technologies than the present Curiosity rover in 2020. They are also sending another ExoMars Orbiter this year and another rover in 2018.
So what all did Curiosity tell us?
- That there are seasonal changes on Mars.
- Another water evidence – Curiosity also found that there were streambeds on Mars.
- It also bored holes into the Martian soil and we got to know that elements like Iron are down there and are not oxidised (rusted)
Comment below if you have any questions.
60 crores rupees is the sum of money which has been withdrawn from your pockets for only the publicity of odd-even rule. And a total of 750 crores* is to be spent by the Delhi government by March 31st solely for advertisement.
Couldn’t stop myself from writing on the massive ad spent done by Kejriwal every single hour on FM radios (and tv channels) and why no one in media talks about how he is misusing public money like water. You will not believe whenever I switch on the radio in my car I hear Delhi govt’s ads, at least 12 ads in 1 hour. One or sometimes two, in every commercial break. It is either Kejriwal’s voice or even Manish Sisodia talking about some “take receipt when you buy something from shops”. I mean how disgusting can this be. I mean why these ads. And repeating this 2 -3 minutes long advertisement every 5 mins is sheer misuse. Only Delhiites and NCR people come to know about it because these FM channels are only on NCR radios . Even in newspapers why do they need to give full page ads, can be a quarter page ad and why (for gods sake why) on the first page?
Point is how conveniently media puts a finger on their lips regarding this as this is filling their coffers.
Wishing Supreme Court takes notice of this and issues a warning that an announcement should be done that money for these ads are paid from your (listeners and viewers) taxes. I spoke to my friends and they say that now a days it’s less commercial ads and more Kejriwal/Sisodia/ Delhi police ads on radio channels the entire day.
No wonder people have started talking – Is this Delhi govt all about media management? or Isn’t this another way of managing media?
*It is all over the internet.
The thing we all dread is our phone falling to the ground and breaking. That’s a moment we all want to cry! Well now it’s time to say goodbye to that. Here is the world’s most indestructible phone ever, the Motorola Droid Turbo 2. It is coming to India by the name of Moto X Force on February 1.
It is seriously shatterproof! Here is a video by TechRax who has tried to demolish its american brother the Droid Turbo 2 using a hammer and also drops it from almost all possible angles.
Also see this video from Cnet where they go to all extremes to destroy the phone.
Network compatibility: 4G LTE
Memory: 32/64 GB (microSD card slot also available)
Battery: Li-Ion 3760 that is 14.9 days in standby mode or about 1 day with web-surfing or talk-time.
|Dimensions||149.8 x 78 x 9.2 mm (5.90 x 3.07 x 0.36 in)|
|Weight||169 g (5.96 oz)|
|Type||AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||1440 x 2560 pixels|
Processing and Platform
|Operating System||Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), planned upgrade to v6.0 (Marshmallow)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 (3 GB RAM)|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2 GHz Cortex-A57|
|Rear||21 MP, dual-LED (dual tone) flash|
|Features||1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, auto-HDR|
|Video||2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR|
|Selfie||5 MP, LED flash|
It’s price is yet to be told.
WhatsApp now having about a billion users. Who can still have that same old “Hey there! I am using WhatsApp”? So, I kind of understand the needs and make your work easier by letting you choose from these 10 WhatsApp Statuses.
- Win A iPhone, A Car, Or A House In Dubai…Use A Sharp Object To Scratch Here▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ . Please Do This Now.
- Life is short… Don’t waste it reading my WhatsApp status.
- move on…
- My laziness is like 8, when I lie down it becomes infinity 🙂
- A black cat passing by the crossroad can stop hundreds of people what a RED LIGHT on traffic signal has failed to do for long time!!
- You are unique…….just like everybody else!
- The only time success comes before work is in dictionary.
- Life is short…smile while you still have teeth.
- Light travels faster than sound…that’s why people appear bright until they speak.
- Do not be afraid to step on people… Mario made a career from it.
- Hey there! WhatsApp is using me.
- Mosquitos are like family. Annoying but they carry your blood.
- God is really creative , i mean ..just look at me :p
- I am sure I have a defective iPhone, I keep pressing the home button and I’m still at work.
- All my life I thought air is free until I bought a bag of chips.
- I used to like my neighbors, until they put a password on their Wi-Fi 🙂
Believe me people will start respecting you and infact start following you. You will set an example that you are in control of your social life. Please have a life for yourself, don’t let mobile rule you, instead you rule your mobile and dictate your terms to mobile. Install this app for a better life.
( Offtime )
Available on: Android | iOS
With everyone getting distracted ever so often by constant buzzing on their phones its just so hard to stay focused. So at least someone was so intelligent to understand and build what was needed by everyone.
An app which lets you stay focused and off your phone for a time period you set yourself. It mutes all your contacts except those you specify yourself. For example, you specify that your mothers contact will not be muted during the period, that will make the app only allow your mother through and no one else.
It will also send a message to all your contacts (if you want so) that you are off for the time period you set.
After your time period is over you will get a nice overview of who all wanted to be in touch with you.
It’s so secret that anyone who enters the perimeter is shot on sight.
35 to 40 storeys down the ground, is USA’s worst kept secret. The civilian contractors and others who work at the base are flown in every morning aboard unmarked planes with blacked-out windows. And rumours swirl around this base, much like the mysterious aircraft that twist and turn in the skies overhead.
Less than 100 miles from Las Vegas, Nevada is the most famous secret military installation on the planet, Area 51.
What is Area 51?
- US government won’t discuss it.
- It is considered so sensitive that only those who take an oath of secrecy for life are allowed in.
- President Eisenhower later approved its use for development and testing of experimental aircrafts and weapon systems.
So what’s the big deal?
The intense secrecy around Area 51 led to conspiracy theories…. Most famously that it is a centre for research for UFO’s and Aliens. It’s so secret that anyone who enters the perimeter is shot on sight.
In mid 1947 a UFO crashed in Roswell (A city in New Mexico) and it was reported that alien bodies were recovered from the crash and since have been stored in Area 51. The United States declined such reports and said it was their surveillance balloon which I think pretty much looks like an UFO.
This is (presumably) the alien body collected:
- Eye witnesses have reportedly seen UFO’s turning and twisting over the base.
- An alien spacecraft and alien bodies recovered from Roswell in 1947 have been supposedly been stored there.
- The highway leading to Area 51 is nicknamed “Extraterrestrial Highway”.
- Area 51 is not connected to the internet, so therefore making it totally safe from hackers. It’s thought that the US government has developed their own version of the internet for the base itself.
- The futuristic looking A-12 OXCART- is a jet that was developed and tested at Area 51. Flying at a whopping speed of 3540 kmph, the jet takes 300 kilometres to make a single U-turn
- When Area 51 was chosen as the testing site for the OXCART, a new, 8,500-foot runway had to be built. So as not to draw attention, contractors worked under cover of night.
- Astronauts on board the Skylab space station snapped photos of Area 51. NASA and security debated the impact it would have on national security if the photos were publicly released. The image was finally given all the clear and was published as part of collection if Skylab photos.
- It is believed that America and Britain have been working together at Area 51 since the last 80’s.
- After an increase in UFO sightings in 1952, the CIA concluded that “there is a remote possibility that they may be interplanetary aircraft,” and that it was necessary to investigate each sighting.
- There are many books regarding Area 51 most of them written by ex-Area 51 employees. Here is the famous one Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base
- Early on, the only entertainment at Area 51 consisted of a single cement tennis court and a small bowling alley. There was no television, and radio signals only made it through the surrounding mountains in the evening.
- And the question remains as to why there hasn’t been any mission to moon after Apollo 17, even though 43 years have passed and the technology is so much advanced which include super fast supercomputers. Though many conspiracy theories say there was an alien encounters after which they had to sign a treaty as to there would be no more moon landings.
- The Richest
- National Geographic
- Educating Humanity
- Neekly Science
- National Geographic (Once Again)
- Planet Dolan
- Dark Government
1. Bhangarh Fort – Ajabgarh, Alwar, Rajasthan
The ghost town of Bhangarh is one of the scariest, spookiest places you could possibly imagine, not to mention it is one of the most haunted places not only in India but the whole world. Situated near a popular forest, this town is now slowly luring visitors from around the area, and country, for all the wrong reasons. It should be noted that if you decide to visit this place after the sun has gone down, you won’t be allowed to. In fact, there is a strict warning about how dangerous this place becomes after sunset.
2. The Shaniwarwada Fort – Pune
This fort has witnessed various spooky occurrences. It is believed that the level of supernatural activity is on its zenith on every full moon night. The mysterious story behind the strange activities suggests that a young prince was brutally murdered here which is maybe why his spirit haunts the place and when the night falls, sounds of him shrieking can be heard. There are many locals who actually camp at night on the fort grounds just to hear the little boy’s scream.
3. GP Block – Meerut
GP Block in Meerut is also very notoriously known for all the paranormal activity it beholds. Despite being a popular zone, there have been reportedly a lot of strange sightings.
For instance people who pass this place claim to have seen four males sitting together and enjoying an alcoholic beverage by the light of a single candle. At first, this was not considered spooky for it could just be four friends having a good time but once it was established that it was indeed four ghosts, people in and around the area became increasingly interested. In addition, some claim to also witness a young girl coming out of the house in what many people believe to be a red dress.
4. Dumas Beach, Surat- Gujarat
Situated along the Arabian Sea in Gujarat, this beach is known for its black sand and mystical activities.
Many unexplainable and puzzling incidents have been known to occur like strange whispers being heard, people disappearing during night etc.
In fact, it is believed that a lot of people have lost their lives exploring this mysterious beauty.
If you are a brave heart, you can test the waters yourself by taking a midnight stroll along the beach, if you have company. If the testimonies are anything to go by, you will also be greeted by warnings asking you to not cross a certain line while on the beach. It is also believed that this beach was for long used as a Hindu burial ground, therefore, being the resting place of tortured souls. There have also been reports of people disappearing mysteriously and having never been found again.
5. Ramoji Film City – Hyderabad
Being one of the biggest film cities in the country, this place is home to a lot of hotels which have been projected to a lot of controversy because of the reported “supernatural activities” in and around them.
Witnesses report the lights kept on top keep falling off, the light men- who sit with the lights on top have been pushed so many times and many have had grievous injuries. The food left in rooms also gets scattered around the room and strange marks are left on the mirrors.
Females are more targeted by the ghosts than the males. Girls reported an invisible force tearing their clothes off, some said they felt someone knock their washroom doors while the rooms remain locked from the inside. They create havoc. Many preventive measures have been taken but in vain
We all dream of a easy and loveable kitchen and these 10 unknown items will help us achieve it.
1. Pomegranate Seed Extractor
Price: Rs 280
2. Corn Kerneler
Price: Rs 135
3. Garlic Peeler
Price: Rs 172
4. Mango Cutter
Price: Rs. 699
5. Apple Cutter
Price: Rs 90
6. Vegetable Slicer or Vegetable Pasta Maker
Price: Rs 260
7. Pineapple Corer
Price: Rs 180
8. Lemon Sprayer
Price: Rs 100
9. Tomato Slicer
Price: Rs 191
10. Egg Slicer
Price: Rs 99
Heart Attack is undoubtedly the most feared and closest thing to death. Heart attack can happen as early as 26 years of age, so be careful.
- Chest pain that feels like pressure, squeezing, or fullness. The pain is usually in the center of the chest. It may also be felt in the jaw, shoulder, arms, back and stomach. It can last for more than a few minutes, or come and go.
- Cold sweat
- Nausea (more common in women)
- Numbness, aching, or tingling in the arm (usually the left arm, but the right arm may be affected alone, or along with the left)
- Shortness of breath
- Weakness or fatigue
- Have the person sit down, rest, and try to keep calm.
- Loosen tight clothing.
- Ask if the person takes any chest pain medication for a known heart condition, and help them take it.
- If the pain does not go away promptly with rest or within 3 minutes of taking medicine, call for emergency medical help.
- If the person is unconscious and unresponsive, call your local emergency number, then begin CPR.
- Do not LEAVE the person alone except to call for help, if necessary.
- Do not allow the person to DENY the symptoms and convince you not to call for emergency help.
- Do not WAIT to see if the symptoms go away.
- Do not GIVE the person anything by mouth unless a heart medication has been prescribed.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking more than doubles the chance of developing heart disease.
- Keep blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes in good control and follow your doctor’s orders.
- Lose weight if obese or overweight.
- Get regular exercise to improve heart health.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet